Welcome to Wellsville Central School District
Our mission is to prepare our students to be successful, contributing members of their communities through excellence in education.
Budget Vote Results 5/21/19
Proposition 1-Budget-passed 207 Y 57 N
Proposition 2-Buses-passed 207 Y 55 N
Proposition 3-Capital Reserve 202 Y 60 N
Rex Olson 214
Steve Pettenati 235
Congratulation to both of our board member candidates and thank you to all who voted.
Wellsville Central School DistrictBoard of Education GoalsStudent Achievement
Budget Development and Fiscal Oversight
- Continue to monitor the attainment of measurable progress in overall student, building and sub-group performance, including a 100% Secondary School graduation rate and continued PK-12 growth. Maintain a focus on the increased use of instructional technology to further the district’s mission.
- Increase family engagement.
- Continue to develop a fiscally responsible and transparent budget given the economic constraints of the tax levy limit, maximizing efficiencies while maintaining the integrity of programs and services offered in the district.
- Review / evaluate potential infrastructure upgrades and educational technology solutions that support the District’s
- Update District Policy Manual
- Continue communications to the school community via the district website, Facebook, Twitter and other emergent technologies.
- At least 1 BOE member will attend each of the Allegany County, Catt/Alleg School Board, and Rural Schools Association meetings.
- BOE members will communicate to local and state politicians when the subject directly impacts the WCSD and/or
Headlines & News
Board Member Term Length Alan Mosher, President 2020 Steven Pettenati, Vice President 2019 George Kinnicutt 2019 Constance Synakowski 2020 Heather Gill 2021 Bryan Gamache 2021 Ronald "Keith" Loines 2021 Dawn Youmans, Board Clerk
SCHEDULE OF BOARD MEETINGS 2018-2019 School Year
(All meetings convene at 6:30 p.m. in Room 212A of the Secondary School unless otherwise specified here or in further notices.)
Regular Meetings 1st Monday
*04/16/19 (BOCES Budget Vote)
=05/21/19 (District Budget Vote)
+07/10/18 Reoragnizational Meeting & July's Regular Meeting (Tuesday)
++8/20/2018 Meeting on the 3rd Monday of Month
++++03/11/19 Meeting on the 2nd Monday of the Month
*4/17/19 Meeting to approve BOCES Budget on Tuesday
=5/21/19 School Budget Vote -- Mtg. to accept results at 9:15 p.m. (Tuesday)