Teacher Certification Resources
The following information is for Professional and Level III Certification holders.
All professional development begins July 1st and ends June 30th each year.More information is available by viewing: "Wlsv Overview for Certification" presentation from the Documents & Forms library.The following information is for Initial Certification holders.
- Teachers: to maintain certification, must complete a minimum of district approved, appropriate professional development equaling 100 hours or more.
- Teacher Assistants: to maintain certification, must complete a minimum of district approved, appropriate professional development equaling 100 hours or more.
- Initial Certification holders should have a TEACH account. Teachers should review requirements for attaining a Professional Certification prior to the deadline of expiration of their Initial Certificate.
More information is available by viewing: the "Wlsv Overview for Certification" presentation from the Documents & Forms library.Initial Certification holders should also review information below on Graduate Coursework and receiving credit and reimbursement.
Graduate Course Credit and Tuition Reimbursement
Wellsville CSD offers one programs for teachers:
Graduate Course Completion:This program offers teachers credit towards salary (supplemented as other earnings) upon successful submission and completion of coursework. For more information, view the "Graduate Credit and Tuition Reimbursement Programs" file from the Documents & Forms library.Coursework to Satisfy RequirementsNYSED and TEACH offer information to help teachers attain certifications in the correct manner and on time.
- Graduate Course Completion
- The Office of Teaching Initiatives (OTI) offers information on Certifcation from Start to Finish.
- Teachers tend to have several questions, the Office of Teaching Initiatives offers answers to these questions.
- In order to complete approved courses and Masters programs required for Professional Certification, the OTI offers an Inventory of Registered Programs.