Wellsville Central School District is pleased to announce our participation in the eSchoolData Parent Portal, an online tool designed to enhance the communication and involvement of parents in their child's education. The Parent Portal provides you with 24/7 access to your child’s information. No longer will you have to wait for the mail to arrive to receive information about your child's education.
With a Parent Portal account, you may log on at any time and from any where with Internet connection to view school information regarding your child. We encourage you to use the Parent Portal regularly. The Parent Portal is accessible and will continue to update and have more options available as we develop the site’s capability.
If you have further questions, please click on the Portal Tutorial below. Questions not answered in the tutorial can be sent to email@example.com
The Tutorial attachment located in the Documents and Forms link to the left, will assist you accessing your Portal Account and navigating through the options available to you.
New Features and Information for the 2013-14 School Year:
- For new parents to our district, a letter is mailed detailing your username/password and email associated with your account. To take advantage of this feature, new accounts are automatically created based on the information we have on file in our student information system. If information is not correct, this will delay your access to the Parent Portal.
- The Parent Portal is mobile friendly. When using your smartphone, your phone's browser will automatically recognize the device as "mobile" and direct you to eSchool's mobile platform. This will make navigating your account must easier.
- When logged into the Parent Portal
- Parents may easily change/update their password, username, and email at any time using the “My Account” link and selecting the “Update Account Info” tab.
- When using the “My Account” tab, you can update phone numbers in the “Personal Information” tab. You can also check your home address in this tab. If your address has changed, you will need to contact your child's school to make this change; the Parent Portal does not provided this option.
- To ensure parents are being notified during emergencies, please make sure we have your most up-to-date phone number(s) and email. Our student notification system automatically uses the recorded phone numbers and email to contact parents/guardians.
- Report cards and progress reports can be viewed through the Parent Portal for students in grade 6-12. In an order to communicate progress and marking period grades more efficiently and timely and to reduce paper and mailings, we are encouraging parents/guardians to use their account to view their child's grades.
- A parent's/guardian's username will gain access to each child enrolled. No separate username per child is needed.
- Parents can view several tabs once logged in and depending on the grade level of your child.
- For High School and Middle School: Attendance, Schedule, Immunization, Transcript (12th Grade only), Gradebook (current marking period grades), Report Card, Progress Report, Bus, and Assessments.
- For Elementary School: Attendance, Schedule, Immunization, Bus and Assessments.
eSchoolData Parent Portal F.A.Q.
What is the Parent Portal?
The Parent Portal is an online, web-based tool designed to enhance the communication and involvement of parents in their child’s education. It provides the Parent/Guardian with access to their student’s academic information such as profile, attendance and more. We encourage you to use the Portal regularly and become a partner with us in your child’s education.
Who can access the Parent Portal?
Parent Portal access rights and accounts are based on permissions from the district’s student management system. Data must be entered the way is appears on your child’s records. Information submitted must be verified and accepted to receive access and an account. Confirmation of an accepted account is notified by email.
How do I get a Parent Portal login account?
Enrollment for an account is automatic and information is sent to the registered parent/guardian by mail. If you need assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I find help to use Parent Portal?
The Portal page contains a tutorial for you to use. You can also download the Tutorial guide found in the Documents and Forms link on the left-hand side.
Do I need to multiple accounts if I have more than one child attending?
You only need opne account to gain access to all your children. Because of the family oriented design of the database, you will never need multiple login accounts for different children. You will see all children you have verified access to from one main screen upon login.
What requirements do I need?
--A computer with Internet Access
--Internet Browser: Explorer 7 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 2 or higher, or Google Chrome
--If a popup blocker is turned on, some links may not function properly